Pages

Aug 15, 2011

Helping Hands

Once we knew what was happening with my induction, we decided that Jackie and Sandy would leave the next day to make the drive to Arkansas.  They stayed a week and were so helpful with Gavin.  He definitely needed that special attention while Jarrod and I were focused on Riley.  They were also very helpful with running errands and cleaning up.  Between Shirley's vet visits and grocery shopping, they did a lot for me.  


We said our goodbyes late Tuesday night, and then I had Wednesday and Thursday by myself while Jarrod was back to work.  My mom then arrived on Friday.  I must say, I was really proud of her making the trip alone...it was only her second flight and her first flight alone.  But, she's now a pro!  :)  

It's always nice to have your mom around, especially when you need some help.  She was a great help with getting me caught up on some much needed cleaning, and then some!  Who knew you should take the washing machine agitator apart to clean it???  Well, now I do!  Something about having her around kind of motivated me to do more as a stay-at-home-mom.  It was sad to see her leave.  I hadn't seen her at all through my whole pregnancy!  




Gavin's favorite part of the having visitors was definitely having a playmate!  (He actually asked me the day after my mom left, 'Who's coming next?')  Mimi spent a lot of time playing football with him.



Jackie, Sandy, and Mom - thank you for all your help over the first two weeks of Riley's life.  We're so glad that you were able to visit and meet her.  Jarrod and I are so appreciative for all you did while you were here.  We all love you very much - see you in November for our "Thanksmas" celebration.


No comments: