Jackie and Sandy were here for the first week, then my mom came last Friday. Having the help this time around has been great. We didn't have anyone stay with us when Gavin was born. We weren't this far away from our families at that time, and I was able to sleep whenever he slept so I got the rest I needed. This time, though, I'm not able to rest as much because of Gavin, so having family here to entertain Gavin has been so wonderful. After mom leaves on Thursday, we're on our own!
Riley has been a very easy baby so far. She doesn't cry much at all. I actually can't think of a single night so far that she's been up crying in the middle of the night. She's a very noisy sleeper - we hear her grunting all night. :) That's usually what wakes me up so I know to get up to feed her. She makes the funniest faces! We love her facial expressions. She's just like Gavin was as a baby - always warm! Right at 14 days, her umbilical cord fell off. It was funny because we were just talking about how it hadn't fallen off yet, and then while she was sleeping in her swing, my mom looked down and her cord was laying on her diaper. Gavin was so excited it came off. He wanted to put her in the bath right away!
I know it's crazy, but I keep thinking about her labor and delivery and how much I enjoyed it all. Yes, it was painful {and I screamed a lot!} but I am still so glad that I was able to go epidural-free and I'd love to experience it again. I'm so thankful I had such a great birth experience that was quick and complication-free. I'm feeling quite lucky these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment