Pages

Oct 26, 2011

3 Months Old!

It is still so hard to believe that Riley is already 3 months old!

She has been keeping us busy!  Just in the past week or so, Riley has started 'talking' to Jarrod a ton - only Jarrod, just like when she started smiling.  On Sunday, she rolled for the first time, from back to belly!  She still gets stuck sometimes and needs us to help her get her arm out, but she does try to roll just about every time we lay her down now.  This morning, I got some little laughs out of her, too.  So stinkin' cute!

The last time I weighed her here at home earlier this week, Riley was 11lbs 12oz.  She's still wearing mostly 0-3 clothes, and is still in size 1 diapers, though I don't think we'll be in size 1s for much longer.  She nurses on demand, and still will not take a bottle!  It's been the most stressful part of having Riley so far.  But, I know, just like with Gavin, that it won't last forever, and soon enough we'll be starting cereal, solids, and sippy cups.  So, for now, I think we'll have to deal with the bottle situation.  We are very lucky with her sleep, however.  She's NOTHING like her brother was in the sleep department and {sorry, Amy!} is sleeping through the night most of the time.  We just started transitioning her to her crib for naps this week, and surprisingly she's done well.  Right now, her crib mattress is elevated, and I'm hoping to slowly lower it so she's used to sleeping flat by the time we go to Ohio for Thanksgiving.
Riley is quite the drooler!  She constantly has her tongue out is blowing bubbles.  Her taggie blanket is one of her favorite things, and I'm constantly having to move it from her face while she's sleeping.  She loves to have it touch her chin.  Though she definitely looks like me, I think she's going to have her Daddy's skin.  We're starting to notice more and more dry patches on her so we've laid off the soaps and lotions and are treating it with some ointment right now.  

Riley is most definitely one of the smiliest (is that a word???) babies I've ever seen.  Sure...she has her meltdowns and cranky periods, but she's so easy to make smile.  We love it!  She especially loves to watch her brother.  They're going to be so close...I can already tell!
We love you, Riley girl!  You make us all so happy!



No comments: