Pages

Oct 24, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had another great weekend as a family.  I seriously love Jarrod's job here and how we get to spend every weekend together.  Of course, the weekends go way too fast...so I'm really looking forward to this weekend, when Jarrod has four days off.  

Friday night, I worked an event at a country club, and Jarrod came with me to help me get set up.  Once everything was under control, he brought Gavin home, and Riley stayed with me at the event.  Rebecca, a consultant on my team, brought us home at the end of the night.  
Saturday morning we got up and looked at a few houses with our realtor.  The whole process just confuses me more every time we look because I like so many things about so many different houses.  Who knows what we'll do?  Once the kids were asleep for a nap, Jarrod headed out for a few hours of hunting and I got time to veg on the couch and relax.  

Sunday morning was our usual Sunday...breakfast together, chores around the house, read the paper, etc.  While I was getting ready for the day, I told Gavin to let me know if Riley started crying (she was playing on her playmat in the living room).  He came running in while I was blow drying my hair and said, "Riley just rolled off the mat!"  I came in to find her almost completely on her belly!  Her little arm was stuck under her, but apparently, we have a roller!  

We went to Walmart, then had a 'picnic in the car' (as Gavin called it) and ran a few more errands.  One stop was Kohl's, where I got to spend some money on me, thanks to my mother-in-law, Jackie.  :)  We stopped and talked to the realtor again, and then came home for dinner together.  Of course, the night ended like it has been ending every night for the last several weeks...me rocking Gavin in the rocking chair.  I love that part of our bedtime routine now.  

It may not seem like a special weekend, but it was...I cherish every minute that the four of us get to spend together.  I love these guys!

Pics to come later...I have a lot on my camera I have to upload.  :) 

No comments: