Pages

Oct 3, 2011

A Riley Update

I didn't post last week after Riley's doctor's appointment so I wanted to do that now before I forgot...  Her 2 month check up was last Thursday, and despite the fact that so many people (including us) see her as being so much bigger than Gavin was, she actually didn't weigh as much!  At his 2 month check up, he was weighing 11lbs 5oz, and she weighs 11lbs 1oz (and 22 inches.)  She's doing great and smiling a TON!  She, of course, hated the shots, but it's amazing what a difference it was for me, having gone through shots with Gavin for the past three years.  I handled them much better than I did with Gavin and didn't cry!  :)  She calmed down as soon as I could pick her up and feed her, and then slept most of the day.  It was pitiful though to watch her sleep and see her periodically pout her little lip out.  I have pics to upload of her with her bandaids on.  I'll get them soon...probably post them for a Wordless Wednesday.  She didn't seem to have a temperature all day, but I decided to check it anyway before bed and it was 101.6, so I felt like an awful mommy.  She took a couple doses of medicine to get her fever down, and we had some crankiness the following day, but she's been good ever since.  She hasn't, however, been good with the bottle lately.  Since her shots, she's pretty much refused the bottle from both me and Jarrod.  It's so emotionally draining on both Jarrod and me...I hope we can get past it soon.  

No comments: