Now this is where we get crazy. One day last week, someone came up to Jarrod at work and asked if he was interested in selling his truck. It wasn't something that we'd thought about, but after it was brought up, we did talk about it. Would it be a huge adjustment? Probably. Is it the ideal situation? No. Is it doable? Yes. And it sounds like the right decision. So, we're running with it. Not only is the guy paying us $3500 more than we owe, but it will be saving us at least $400 a month, just considering the truck payment and insurance.
So our plan is this - Jarrod's friend from work will be picking him up on Tues/Thurs so I can have the car to take Gavin to preschool and do errands, etc. Then, on M/W/F, he'll either take the car, or I'll take him to work if I need it. This only works because we're all up in the morning anyway before he leaves, and the drive to his office is so short. Our hope is that with that extra money each month, buying a home that we both love will be more of an option. I think Jarrod is a little worried about giving up his truck. He LOVES that truck. But I also think he's willing to make the sacrifice to help us out financially.
We'll see how this all goes...worst case scenario, we have to buy another vehicle sooner than we thought.
1 comment:
That's a big step! Congrats on having the guts to do it!
I've thought about that in the past but with Kyle and I working so far away from each other, and him having to be at work at 6am, etc. it just doesn't make sense.
I think for your family, it will take some adjusting, but like you said, it's totally doable!
Good luck!! :)
Post a Comment