Pages

Feb 8, 2012

Pinterest Tutorial

I'm by no means a 'Pinterest Expert.'  I don't work for them.  They aren't paying me to write this.  But, I've been talking about Pinterest a lot, and a lot of friends are asking me about it.  Some don't get it.  And honestly, I didn't either when I started.  But I've learned to love it, and I've gotten so many good ideas, so I told a friend I'd post some Pinterest tips.  So, here you go!

First of all,  set up your boards.  Think about topics you like to get ideas for and make sure you have boards for them.  Recipes, fashion tips, craft idea, homeschooling topics, art you love...whatever it is.  {But know you can add a new board any time you want.} 

Make sure the Pin It button is added to your toolbar.  That way, when you're browsing the web and find something you want to remember or come back to, you can click Pin It and add it to the board you want.   


Start following people.  Find your Facebook friends (or use Twitter) and start following people.  


When you sign on to Pinterest, the pins that people you follow will show up on the main feed.  You can also search pins of random people by selecting 'Everything' at the top and choosing a category you want to browse.  I do this a lot when I want to look for wedding ideas for Megan.  If come across someone random that shares similar tastes, start following them!


Want to find something you pinned?  In the top right corner, hover over your name and select Boards or Pins (however you want to search for the pin).


Lastly, if you have an iPhone (not sure if there's an app on the Android or not), get the app.  I love to scroll through on my phone in the middle of the night when I'm feeding Riley.  


Jarrod thinks I spend too much time on Pinterest.  But I quickly reminded him that if I didn't have Pinterest, I never would have found Chipotle's cilantro lime rice recipe, which we've made at least once a week since I found it.  :)  

Just let me know if you have questions.  

ETA: You can find my boards by going to www.pinterest.com/mrspate22


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any recommendations for adding the Pin it to your tool bar on the Ipad? It won't allow me to add it! So frustrating. :( Also, I can't find you when I search your name!