Pages

Mar 12, 2012

Weekend Ramblings

It was really nice last week to have Jackie, Rosi, and Sandy here visiting.  It's always a treat to spend time with family when they're so far away.  Unfortunately, as I do so often, I got so caught up in having help here with the kids and getting as much done as humanly possible that I realized the last day I hadn't taken many pictures at all.  Imagine that...me not taking pictures?!?!?  I hate it when I do that.  And, I just looked at the ones I did get and I'm not pleased with them.  Sigh.  Oh well...here are a few I did get that I like.  :)



We were sad to see them go, but them heading home meant we were closer to Jarrod coming home from his trip to Dallas.  It was so nice to spend the weekend with him.  We spent a lot of it shopping around for a new TV stand.  Ours is over 5 years old, has been moved three different times, and quite honestly, looks like it could fall apart.  The doors don't close right because the weight of the tv has bowed the top, and since it has open shelves, it's already driving me crazy because Riley is pulling things off the shelve and turning the DVD player on and off.  So...we're on the hunt for a new one.  

Here's a story that will hopefully give you a laugh.  Since Riley was born, Jarrod does a majority of the grocery shopping, especially since I normally can't go through the week since we only have the one car right now.  Yesterday though, I decided we should all go.  So, we pull in the parking lot, and it suddenly dawns on me that I don't have my wallet.  I ask Jarrod if he has his, which he ALWAYS does, and he says no.  Lovely.  We both start laughing, because at this point it's funny.  I find my checkbook in the car, so we head in.  First stop is to make a return, and I ask the lady if I'll need my ID if I pay with a check.  She tells me no, we'll be fine.  Whew!  So, we spend 45 mins or so grocery shopping, get up to the register with over a $100 worth of groceries, and she asks for my ID.  Lovely.  Our only option is for us to suspend the transaction, leave the grocery cart with all our bags in it there, and go home to get our wallets.  Of course, by this time, it's pouring!  So we get home, I go ahead and get the kids in the house while Jarrod runs in for his wallet (he was going to run back to Walmart while I started lunch).  He comes back in the kitchen and tells me he can't find his wallet...very unlikely of him, because he puts everything in the same place every time.  So...wanna guess where his wallet was???  In his gym bag.  In the CAR!  We weren't laughing at that point, but I'm sure someday we'll read this and think about how hilarious it was.  
 




No comments: