First, an update on my dad. I've had a lot of friends asking what is going on with him. My dad had surgery last Tuesday on his jaws; a surgery that was long coming and much needed. He will have his mouth wired shut for FOUR weeks! Can you imagine? Well, after the surgery he was having a lot of trouble with his oxygen level, and after many tests, it was found he had a pulmonary embolism. So, finally, after an extra four days in the hospital, things were looking well enough to release him. He has one week down, and three more to go... We love you, Dad {Beepa!}
Next....Biggest Loser. {This is info for you, mom...} Thanks to Amy, I got enough motivation in April to start using My Fitness Pal. The website and app allow me to log in my food and exercise to see my calories in and out, and I was getting my eating under control. It was a huge eye opener for me to see my portion sizes, so I started using smaller bowls and plates as one way to control my calories. Jarrod is exercising a lot more, and that was motivation for me, too, to start working out again on a regular basis. Sadly, my shin still hurts if I do too much, so I haven't been able to run as much as I'd like, but I've been doing Insanity and 30 Day Shred DVDs and hand weights at home. This weekend, I started using a heart rate monitor as well to better calculate my calories burned during my exercises. Two weeks ago, I joined my Tastefully Simple team in an 8 week Biggest Loser competition. I thought it would be the perfect kick in the butt to keep me on track to lose the weight I wanted to lose before Megan's wedding. It's perfect for me, because I have to PAY each week if I gain weight! I did great the first week....not so great this week. Tomorrow is the weigh-in day, and it's looking like I'll owe a dollar or two (it's a dollar per pound) so it's my motivation to be good today. My big concern is that I'm going to gain weight when I stop nursing Riley in the next month or so. As a breastfeeding mom, I get some extra calories each day, so I'm going to have to be even more strict when she's not nursing anymore. Yikes!
And lastly, I've been asked what we're doing about Riley's birthday party. We weren't going to do a big thing, but then I started to feel a little guilty about not having the same type of pictures for her memory book, so I decided to just pick a theme and go with it. We're just inviting a small group of our closest friends that are around Riley the most, and thanks to Big Day Invitations, we'll be having a Pink Ladybug party! I cannot believe our baby girl is turning ONE! We were just cleaning out the baby toys to store away and make room for new ones, and it was such a smack in the face....we don't have a BABY in our house anymore. :(
Alright...I have more to write about, but this has gotten long enough and the kids are finished with breakfast. That's my sign that our day is ready to begin! Busy busy day ahead...and I have two pounds to lose! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment