Pages

Oct 9, 2010

Bikes, Blues, and BBQ!

We heard a lot about Bikes, Blues, and BBQ down here, but I didn't really think we'd go.  It sounded more like a motorcycle rally than anything.  But, Friday night, Jarrod told Gavin we'd head down to see some motorcycles the next day and he was really excited so after our Home Depot adventure, we headed south.  I'm glad we ended up going.  It was a great afternoon for walking around Fayetteville!  There were more motorcycles there than I've ever seen before....and everyone was different.  It was pretty neat to see them all. Signs were everywhere stating that BB&B benefited local charities, and I saw bikers everywhere with shirts stating different causes - Bikers Against Child Abuse and Ride for the Boobs were my favorites.  It was a little surprising to me to see 'that side' of these big, bad biker boys. We had some barbecue from a couple different vendors, then split a humongous funnel cake.  Gavin surprisingly slept almost the entire time.  Motorcycles were EVERYWHERE, making more noise than you could believe, and he was sleeping right through it. He did eventually wake up and loved the motorcycles, too.



Sound asleep one minute, awake and enjoying the scenery the next!


No comments: