Pages

Oct 7, 2010

Thirteen Thursday

13 bits of cuteness about Gavin....
  1. He says, "Where did that come come come?" when he is trying to ask where something comes from.  Not sure why he says 'come' 3 times, but he does it every time.
  2. For some reason, he randomly has starting licking my leg.  It's weird!  And he cracks up every time.
  3. He's becoming more like his daddy.  Everything he sees, he says, "I like that.  I want that."  Commercials are awful....he wants to watch whatever show they're advertising, buy whatever toy they're showing, eat whatever food they're talking about.  Last week, he cried when we left Target because I wouldn't buy him the princess doll that was at the checkout.
  4. We made such a big deal about how much we liked his haircut that he got at the beginning of the month (hoping he would want to go back again) that now he will randomly say, "You like my haircut, mom?" or even, "Mom, I love your haircut!"
  5. He loves going to Hobby Lobby with me. 
  6. We're working on spelling his name along with 'Daddy' and 'Mommy.'  The other day I was wearing my Shaw sweatshirt and he said, "S. H. A. W. spells Mommy!"  :)
  7. With Jarrod getting into hunting here, he's obsessed with seeing Daddy's bow.  He watches Jarrod practice in the backyard and yells "Bullseye!"  when he hits the target (even if it's not a bullseye.)
  8. I love his use of the words 'my' and 'us'.  It's just so cute.  He says 'my' instead of I'm, so we constantly hear things like, "My tired," or "My hungry."  And when he refers to himself, he says 'us' as if there is someone else with him.  "Mom, come watch TV with us," or "Mom, come play trains with us."  Imaginary friend?  Or just misused pronouns?  :)
  9. He's been sleeping a ton lately, so I think he's growing.  But at the same time, he's trying to get out of napping!  In a ten minute period earlier this week, I went into his room 6 times.  He wanted more, he was cold and wanted a blanket, he pooped in his pull-up, he need more milk, he had to pee...
  10. This allergy season has been bad for me, and we've had to avoid the outdoors at times because of it.  I guess I talked a lot about it with Gavin.  While rubbing his eyes recently, he said, "I got something in my eye."  Being the comforting mom that I am, I said, "Oh no!  What is it, baby?"  Without skipping a beat he said, "Allergies."
  11. Yoshida's Sauce is now known as "Gavin Sauce" in this house.  Gavin loves it, so if he won't eat whatever meat we're having for dinner on any given night, we add "Gavin Sauce" to his plate and he will eat it.  So silly.
  12. We recently switched over to flannel sheets on our bed.  When Gavin came in our room and saw them, he said, "You put red sheets on Shirley's bed."  Guess who spends the most time on our bed???
  13. Aunt Meggie bought him Finding Nemo when she was visiting and he loves it.  He will now randomly ask us (at dinner, in the car, while we're playing...) "What happened to Nemo?  Where's Nemo's Daddy?"

No comments: