Pages

Mar 10, 2011

So SHOCKED!

So, today was the day.  Our BIG ultrasound was scheduled where we'd find our if Baby Hamm was a boy or girl.  Last night, our expert staller was procrastinating and wouldn't fall asleep, so Jarrod went in to lay with him for a minute.  He asked Gavin if the baby was a boy, what we should name it.  Gavin said, "Captain Hook!"  :)

This morning I was so antsy...heck, who am I kidding...I was antsy last night, too!  Of course, I had to document today with photos and video.  My Flip software isn't working for some reason, so once I get it figured out I will post the videos.  For now - here's today's story with a few photos!

I decided to start the morning off with a quick pic of myself at 19 weeks, 3 days!

On the way to my appointment, I stopped to drop off a few food kits and then had to stop at Chick Fil A for a sweet tea.  I haven't had sweet tea since getting pregnant, so I knew it would do the trick and get this little one moving around for the ultrasound.

I also ordered a small fry, since I knew if I didn't my stomach would start growling mid-ultrasound.  Gavin asked for one....he hates french fries.  But, I humored him and gave him one, expecting him to just hold it.  No, he decided to eat it...and proceeded to gag.  I had to pull over in a parking lot and help him get the fry out of him mouth so he would stop gagging.  Where did this child come from that he doesn't like any form of potato???  

We get to the appointment and had to wait like 20 minutes in the lobby.  Gavin kept himself busy by stacking bean bag chairs and climbing from chair to chair.

I had Jarrod snap a picture of the two of us, but neither of the boys wanted a picture together...

Then, Gavin wanted to take pictures of daddy.  I help him hold it and he snaps.  I thought this was hilarious!  A nurse came out and called someone else's name - like the 3rd girl that called back before us even though they came in after us.  Can you tell Jarrod was a little annoyed?

We finally got called back and she started the ultrasound right away.  She took all the measurements she needed while Jarrod kept asking if she could tell what it was yet...but she wasn't there yet.  At one point I shouted out, "It's a boy!" but she corrected me....it was just the umbilical cord.  We saw the feet, the legs, the brain, the heart...  She took a few fun shots of the baby in 3D/4D and we saw how the baby was using the placenta for a pillow.  Then it was finally time to check to see if this baby was a boy or a girl, and she said....

"This one's a GIRL!"

I was so shocked!  I really thought I was having another boy.  Jarrod asked her how accurate it was, and her response was, "Nothing is 100%, but my confidence level is pretty high.  It's either a girl or a little boy with very low self esteem."  LOL!

So, now I have to adjust to pink and princesses!  Wow!



4 comments:

Cory Meyers said...

Jen, I'm SO happy for you! There's nothing like a little girl to melt a Daddy's heart and drive a Mommy to drink. ;) Get ready for the invasion of pink, Barbie, and all things princess!

The Shavers Family said...

Yea, one of each!!! :)

Annisa said...

I just realized that I was logged into my hubby's google account earlier today. Whoops! :) So don't worry - there isn't a strange man following you and your blog!

Jen said...

No problem, Annisa - I knew it was you. :)