Pages

Feb 7, 2012

30 Things

I decided I wanted to make a list of 30 things I want to do/accomplish while I'm 30.  Really, it's just another way for me to make a list and check things off.  Because I'm a dork like that.  :)  But...here is my list, full of both big and small tasks.  Let's hope I can do it...

  1. Learn to use my new sewing machine and make something special for both kids
  2. Crochet Riley a hat
  3. Complete C25K - Couch 2 5K  
  4. Plant an herb garden (or at least one herb!)
  5. Create a collage in Photoshop Elements
  6. Make from scratch - a pie, a cake, and brownies
  7. Have a Mommy-Son date
  8. Cook a turkey
  9. Collect letters to spell PATE for our kitchen
  10. Get a facial
  11. Take the kids to the beach
  12. Write a letter to myself to open when I'm 40 {cute idea...but I'm scared I'll forget to open it when I'm 40...still going to try!}
  13. Figure out how to make a DVD of my Flip videos
  14. Go to a drive-in movie
  15. Send at least two 'snail mail' letters/cards each month {thanks for the inspiration, Lauren!}
  16.  Pay for a stranger's meal in the drive-thru lane
  17. Give up pop for a whole month {just have to figure out a good month to do that...}
  18. Go on a family picnic
  19. Create a survival kit
  20. Attend a baseball game
  21. Organize all our photos - huge task!
  22. Read a 'classic' book
  23. Publish another blog book
  24. Play in the rain with Gavin {and Riley if she's old enough when this occurs}
  25. Start Skyping with friends
  26. Go 'camping' in the backyard
  27. Repurpose something...anything
  28. Send someone flowers
  29. Learn to make bows for Riley
  30. Watch our wedding DVD with Gavin


4 comments:

Lisa said...

I like it! Good luck accomplishing everything this year!

Anonymous said...

Jen I love this idea. Knowing you, you'll have them done in a few months. :) I think it's awesome that you got a sewing machine. Just another reason I wished you lived closer. My mom has been asking me since I was junior high? to teach me to sew. If you were closer, she would love to teach you!!!

The Anderson family said...

Love those! I just turned 30 too, and would love to try to accomplish many of those this year too! Thanks for the ideas! :)

Megan said...

Kyle can help out with a Survival kit! He's a genius/nerd when it comes to that stuff! :)