What a great Mother's Day weekend I had. It started on Thursday actually, when I picked up Gavin from school and go this cute little sheet and a flower he planted.
Then, on Friday, Jarrod came home from work with two bouquets of flowers, one for each child. So sweet...now I have a mixed bouquet in my kitchen and some roses on the mantle.
On Saturday morning, I had my team meeting at the house so Jarrod took Gavin out. They went to the mall and came home with a gift card for me to go to a local salon/spa to have my hair done. I haven't had my hair professionally highlighted or colored since I stopped teaching, and as much as I don't want to deal with the upkeep, I do miss my highlights, so I think I'm going to jump into it and start getting them again.
On Sunday, we woke up and went to our new Bob Evan's for breakfast. It's been soooo long since I had Bob Evan's! It was yummy. We came home and did some work around here and after nap, headed back out for Mama Fu's for dinner. It's become a tradition to go there for dinner on Mother's Day, since 'mamas' eat free. And, it's an added plus that it's in the same plaza as Yum Yos, so we of course had to hit up Yum Yos for dessert. Gavin also drew me this family picture...and he only wanted to use blue because I was letting him use a permanent marker he found in my drawer. {And I asked...he didn't scratch out Shirley, he was giving her fur...just in case you were wondering, too.}
It was such a great weekend. Of course, it would have been better had I been able to give my mom a big ol' hug, but just 19 more days until I see my parents again so she'll get a hug soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment