Riley and Gavin have always been similar in terms of their weights at their check-ups, but it was around 6 months that Gavin started to fall down the growth chart so I fully anticipated Riley to weigh more than Gavin at her 9 month check-up. I've been putting her on my scale randomly (which I knew wasn't accurate, but still...) and was expecting her to be somewhere around 18.5lbs based on that. Yesterday, at her 9 month check-up, this little lady was only 17lbs 3oz! I've been telling everyone that she's so much bigger than Gavin was at this age, which I now realize was a total lie because Gavin was 17lbs 7oz at his 9 month check-up. I was so surprised! She dropped from the 75th to 25th percentile, but thankfully, the nurse practitioner we saw wasn't too worried. I am hoping that based on Gavin's history, we won't have to go through blood work and all the testing they put us through with him. I guess we just make small kids!
So, we got orders to just up the amount of solids she's eating and were told it was ok to start offering her table food, which I knew was ok but we haven't started really yet because we had such a hard time with this transition with Gavin that I'm kind of paranoid about it. I hope she doesn't have the bad gag reflex like he did. Other than that, she's doing pretty darn good and she HATES to be examined by the nurses and doctors. Holy tears, Batman!
No comments:
Post a Comment