Pages

Jul 27, 2012

Grab some tissues

I realize not everyone is a sap like me, but seriously, these songs make me bawl like a baby every time I hear them.  Some friends in my online moms group were making slideshows of their babies' first year, and it motivated me to teach myself how to do it.  So easy!  I was pretty impressed with myself, but seriously, it's not hard at all, so I don't know why I'm so impressed.  Haha.  Now, if I can figure out how to get it onto a DVD that will actually play in our blu-ray player, my plan is to just have it going during her party tomorrow so our friends that are heading over can see it.  But, of course, I have to share it with y'all! :)  I'm warning you though....I take like 37,000 photos a month it seems, so choosing favorites was hard, not to mention I really wanted to use all three of these songs, so it's a little long.  If you have 11 minutes, I promise this little girl will make you smile.  

First, about the songs.  I remember driving home from a party down in Springdale last spring, right after finding out that we were having a girl, and hearing Taylor Swift's Never Grow Up.  I sobbed.  I was so glad I was heading home, and not to the party, because my host would have thought I was nuts.  Ever since that moment, I've loved this song.  Then, when Riley was born, I wanted a song to sing to her.  I sing You Are My Sunshine to Gavin, and I wanted that to be his song, so I needed something different for Riley.  So, of course, Never Grow Up was what popped in my head, and now I sing the first verse every single night.  Tim McGraw's song has always made me emotional, even before having kids, but that's not unusual.  Songs have a way of making me cry...  But, when I listened to it again while making this slideshow, I had to include it because it made me think of Jarrod and Riley, and how much she already adores him.  And lastly, You and Me was a song I'd never heard of until one of those moms I mentioned earlier shared her slideshow, and you guessed it....brought me to tears.  '...Yesterday you were asleep in my arms, today you're growing off the charts...'  Seriously?  How can it not cue tears??  


Ok...grab some tissues if you're an emotional mess like me, and enjoy.  

 

1 comment:

Samantha said...

SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!