Pages

Jan 29, 2010

Cooking with Mama

Yesterday, after a bath and changing into clean pajamas :) Gavin helped me make Rice Krispie Treats. I love having him help me in the kitchen. Jarrod and I love cooking together, and I can remember making dinner one night while I was pregnant and us talking about how we couldn't wait until Gavin was older and we could cook as a family.

I measured out the marshmallows, but some spilled out so he had to pick them all up one at a time and put back in the cup before dumping them.


Once the marshmallows were melted with the butter (which we did in the microwave so he could still add the rice krispies and because he loves to push the Start button now on the microwave), we added in the cereal.


I spread them into the pan and tried to get a final shot with Gavin. Apparently now I either get a smile or we get to see his eyes. He can't do both at the same time anymore.


I tried to get him to try them. He investigated them for a while; touched them; watched mama take a bite....no such luck. He apparently doesn't like Rice Krispie Treats right now, which means I have a large pan of sweets to eat. :)

No comments: