Pages

Jan 16, 2010

Such a big helper

I love how observant Gavin is. He is always watching us and trying to imitate us. I love how his little brain works, and that look in his eye when you can tell his gears are turning. With that being said, I thought this was adorable the first time he did it. I had to sprint out to the dining room to grab the camera so I could get it on video. When Jarrod got home, I couldn't wait to show him. He's so smart! He's such a big boy! We were so proud of him!!!

And then, the next day came, and he wanted to do it again....and again....and again. It wasn't so cute anymore. He throws a tantrum when I tell him no. I know he feels like he's doing something so important and he's proud of himself, but I try to tell him he's going to make Shirley sick if he keeps feeding her. He doesn't know how to unlatch the bin of dog food; he actually takes the whole lid off. So, I got packing tape out and put a piece on both sides. Ummm.....he figured it out and took the tape off. I'm afraid he's going to knock the whole bin over and there will be dog food all over our closet! The mug in the video has already been broken and replaced with a plastic cup. Oh, the joys of toddlerhood. :)

No comments: