Oh, scrapbooking - once my 'drug of choice.' I started scrapbooking about 10 years ago. I love it. I love the way the pages tell a story and the chance to journal to get all my memories down. But, I'm so far behind. I made it a resolution this year to get caught up. I was doing so well, but then the move happened. I packed everything up, and then unpacked it into my 'craft closet' and haven't scrapped since. The last pages I did were of Gavin at about 2 months old I think. I told you. So behind. I even have a wedding scrapbook, and TONS of pink and green materials, and I've only done a handful of pages. Will I ever get caught up? Or is it time to 'retire'? In all honestly, I feel like this blog has become my new scrapbook. I document everything here. And my plan is to turn it into a book each year. {I really have to get started on that since I'm approaching the 2 year mark of this blog and haven't done it yet - but it's yet another expense that I can't justify until we pay off some debt!} I know most of the stuff I have I will use. For my Journal Jars, for crafts with Gavin, for cards.... But will I really ever finish my scrapbooks? Is it bad that I started some pages for Gavin and then just quit? Will our next child feel left out that I don't make pages documenting my pregnancy and his/her birth like I did Gavin's? And what exactly will I do with all this pink and green wedding stuff??? I'm thinking it's time to sell some of the stuff that I haven't used in years. Like my QuicKutz. I loved that thing - was soooo excited to get it for a graduation gift from my co-workers at The Scrapbook Place. But, I can't remember the last time I used it for a page. {Oooh, an idea - maybe I can sell some of my stuff and use that money to make my first blog book} I don't know. I'm torn. I don't know how to go from being a scrapbooker to not being a scrapbooker. Though technically I'm not a scrapbooker if I don't actually use the stuff, huh? Hmmm.... tough choices!
4 comments:
Jen, don't knock yourself out. You have a beautiful, amazing blog that has documented every important moment in your family's history over the last two years. I say sell the stuff, and treat yourself. But, of course, I am not a scrapper, so the other scrapping moms in the world probably dont' like me much right now. If you put this stuff in a book, the kids can enjoy it forever. And when you do, you will have to tell me how. I have been asking everyone I know how I could go about saving the contents of my blog every once in a while. My big fear is that cyberworld will come crashing down around me and I'll have nothing. So, if you know how to capture this stuff, please let me know. If something happens to my blog, I'll be wishing that I was a scrapping mom!!!
Love YOU!
Shay
Aw, thanks Shay! It's so hard to give up on it, but it's been so long that I feel like I kinda already did. To make your blog into a book, check out blurb.com. They're the site that is highly recommended. I did, however, just see that The Cutest Blog on the Block is doing it now as well. Check them out. :) I'm glad you have started blogging! I feel like I'm closer to you, Kev and the kids because of it. Miss you!
I'm the one that should be thanking you. You turned me on to the whole bloggin thing. Like most second kids, I knew that my little boy would be upset at me for not having any pictures of him, yet having entire volumes devoted to his big sister. The blog is my way of paying tribute to both of my babies and I owe all of that to you. You taught me how. So someday when he is looking for pictures of him, and can oogle at the blog: I will send him to you to thank you and hug you personally! We love you, and miss you, and yes I cherish this little connection as well. I feel like I get to see Gavin grow up, even though he is too far away to hug.
LOVE
The Mann Clan
That is so crazy how you are thinking of selling your stuff. I have all of my stamping materials that I only use when I write a poem for someone. When I was cleaning the storage room, I asked my mom if I should sell my stamping stuff. She said, "Do you use it?".
Post a Comment