Pages

Aug 6, 2010

Talking with a Toddler

I'm thinking this will become a new 'topic' on the blog.  Gavin and I now have the cutest conversations,and they're definitely worth sharing and worth documenting.  I love hearing him talk!

Both of these conversations happened last night-

We were sitting at the table, me getting coupons ready for our upcoming shopping trip and him looking at library books.  When he was finished, I unbuckled his booster seat and sat back down to finish my coupons.  He came over to me and gave me a kiss.  As he walked away, he said, I love you, Mom.  {{and my heart melts!}}
Me: Aw, thanks.  I love you, too, baby.
Gavin: I not a baby. 
Me: Oh, sorry.  What are you?
Gavin: A kid.
Me: Ok, I love you, kid.

Me: Come on, we have to go get you in the bath.
Gav: Why?
Me: Because you're dirty!
He looks down at himself and then back at me and says, I not dirty.

Talking with a toddler is so entertaining!

No comments: