Pages

May 2, 2011

27 Weeks!

Excuse the bathroom pictures - I've found that to be the best place to avoid the shadow when I use the tripod. 

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 27 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Hamm is the size of an eggplant.  She is about 2 lbs and almost 16 inches.  According to my weekly updates, she's opening her eyes now.  :)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +2lbs (but that was after breakfast and coffee), so 22 lbs total now. To show you the drastic difference, as of Friday at my check-up, they only have me gaining 14lbs.  Strange.
Maternity Clothes: Yep, pretty much everything (except sweats). 
Gender: It's a GIRL!!!  When the name is decided, it will be kept a secret until she arrives.  
Movement: Feeling lots of movement now and can see her move from the outside.
Sleep: Finally - the sleeping isn't going so well.  I guess I was lucky to make it through the 1st and 2nd trimesters without any issues.
What I miss:  I don't miss a ton, but wish I could lay down without it hurting.
Cravings: Not really anything in particular - I've just been eating a ton lately!
Symptoms:  I really try not to complain much, because I know I'm so lucky to be able to be pregnant and have babies.  But, I am going to take a minute to vent...the hip/sciatica pain is beginning to drive me crazy.  I can deal with the pain during the day, but now that I can't even get comfortable at night to sleep, it's getting annoying.  The other night I spent a good hour going from the bed, to the floor, to the couch, to sitting up...trying everything to get into a position that didn't hurt.  Ugh.   
Best Moment this week: Spending a great birthday weekend with Gavin.  We took him to see Thomas and Friends Live! on Friday night and I kept looking at him, thinking about how much I need to cherish these moments with just him because soon he won't get this one-on-one attention.

I don't have a 27 week belly shot from Gavin for some reason...

Remember that lens I've been posting about?  For like months?  Well, I finally hit 'submit order' this morning on Amazon.  I know I'll use it a ton and will love it, especially for shots of Baby Sister, but in true Jen fashion, I already feel guilty about it.  I used some Amazon gift cards I'd earned from Swagbucks, but I keep thinking I should have used them for the monitor, or the high chair, or other things we need for the baby.  I have such a hard time spending money on things I want!  I'm just going to consider it a Mother's Day gift for myself and tell Jarrod not to get me anything.  It's backordered, so I won't get it until we get back from Florida, but I can't wait to play with it!
 

2 comments:

Annisa said...

You look GREAT, Jen! And you will seriously LOVE that lens . . . no regrets, my friend, you've earned it! :)

MeaganMusing said...

Glad you ordered the lens! You'll love it, and don't feel bad! It'll be totally worth it to get great photos of your kids!