Pages

May 1, 2011

An All-Star Party for Our Star

We survived the big Sports Party!  Gavin had a great time and the weather held out for us.  It got pretty cloudy right before the party was to start, and I was worried it was going to start raining.  But, everything was wonderful!  

Here are some decorations - 


 The Birthday Boy!  All ready for his friends to arrive!  He's sitting on the fireplace, where I hung a little photo display of pics from birth to now.  It was fun looking back at all the pictures.

 We spent the first 45 minutes or so playing in the backyard.  We set up all his sports equipment - his bat and tee, golf clubs, basketball hoop, and a basket of assorted balls.  We also borrowed a soccer goal from friends' of Jarrod's.  The kids had a blast playing outside.







Then, we came inside and had pizza for lunch.  Yummy Little Caesar's!  After the kids had lunch, it was time to sing to our little man and have cupcakes and ice cream.  Oh, the mess! 


And, of course, the end of the party was Gavin's favorite - presents!  He was so excited to open them all up.  He got some really great things and has been playing with them nonstop since.  He even slept with a few on his bed.  :) 




Here's a cute pic of Gavin with his best buddy, Lucas. 

After everyone left, Jarrod and I cleaned up while Gavin took a nice nap.  It was then that I realized while adding pictures to the computer that I didn't get a single one of me and my birthday boy!  So, when we woke up, we took some pics together.  



It was an exhausting day, but he still is talking today about how fun his party was.  It was so special to have eight of his friends here to celebrate with us.  I'll add some videos tomorrow.  


No comments: