Pages

May 20, 2011

Final batch of vacation pics

I'm finally through the vacation pics.  Just a few last ones to share...

Gavin and Memaw playing Memory

Gavin with his Great-Grandma

 Checking out the rain at the Chicago airport as we killed time during our delay while heading home on Wednesday.

And, I just a couple things that made this vacation easier -
1. We borrowed this car seat cover from Amy for this trip and it was great!  So much easier for Jarrod to wear this on his back while pulling our other luggage since I'm officially in charge of Gavin while traveling and he handles most of the luggage. 
2. We went the first night and bought a potty ring at Target because we couldn't get Gavin to sit on the potty to poop (sorry...but that's what us moms talk about!)  He was so much more willing to sit on the potty ring than trying to balance his tiny little self on a big potty.  And, added bonus...we cleaned it off, wrapped it in a plastic back and hid it in the car seat cover so we could bring it home with us!  I think it will be traveling with us for a while.

3. These bed rails we bought for Gavin's new bed are amazing!
Stay-Put Inflatable Bed Rail Set
They are inflatable, and come with a carrying bag and a pump.  We fit them in Jarrod's backpack that he had for his carry-on, as well as the DVD player and DVDs...that's how little room they take up.  And it was nice to know Gavin wouldn't fall off the bed while we were at the hotel.  So easy to use!

Ok - enough about our vacation...we're back to life in Arkansas, so I'll get back to our normal posts now.  :)

No comments: