I think my favorite day of our trip was our last full day there. We were planning to make a 2 hour drive to St. Augustine to take Gavin to the beach and I was so excited! We've been talking about the beach for a long time and he was so excited. After our time at the lake on Mother's Day, he thought we'd already seen the beach. I kept telling him the "big beach" was much different! He LOVED it! We only stayed for a couple hours, and we were good about staying lubed up with sunblock and staying under the umbrellas for shade. I can't wait for our next beach vacation! :)
Right where we parked for the public beach access, there was a splash park! Last year, when I took Gavin to the one here, he wasn't a fan at all, but he loved playing in this one. We let him play for a half hour or so to get all the sand off of him. He was so sad when we had to leave.
It was a great day! Definitely worth the drive. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment