Pages

Dec 27, 2011

5 Months Old!

I have so much to blog about!  But first things first...someone turned 5 months old yesterday and I didn't get around to posting her pictures.  :)


Riley Savannah is 5 months old.  It's amazing how fast time is going.  Riley is about 14.5-15 lbs right now and is almost out of her size 2 diapers.  (We've tried a few different types of diapers lately because of some blowouts, but I think we're going to try Huggies Little Movers when she gets to size 3.)  She's wearing 3-6 month clothes still, with lots of cute headbands, of course! Her vocal cords are getting a workout these days with all her squeals and screams!  She's a very loud little lady. 

 We're really lucky that Riley is a good sleeper.  She's in a routine of falling asleep for a catnap around 7 or 8, and then usually down for good around 9:30 and sleeps until about 4am usually.  She was doing a great job sleeping in her crib until the past few nights, when she wakes up crying after only a few minutes and ends up in the Rock and Play back in our room.  

She's still not taking a bottle, so my Tastefully Simple parties have definitely suffered because of that.  I feel like I'm not having as many parties as I could because of the bottle issue, and I'm torn between thinking 'that's ok...she's only a baby once and we won't deal with this forever,' and 'I really need this momentum to keep going!'  We'll get there...  She's nursing on demand and has recently started having solids in the evening.  We started with oatmeal a few weeks ago, and it took her a while to get the hang of it, but she likes it now.  I'm making her baby food, and so far she's had avocado and sweet potatoes, and loved them both.  I hope she's always a good eater!


These pictures are perfect to show one of her favorite hobbies...sucking on her fingers!  She constantly has things in her mouth - her hands, our hands, her blanket, her bib...she's even tried Gavin's fingers, but he didn't think that was too fun.  She's not teething yet, just likes to have things in her mouth.

She really loves her Bumbo seat and has recently tried sitting up with the help of her Boppy.  She has rolled both ways (more from back to belly) but doesn't do it very often.  Gavin is the funniest person in the world according to Riley!  Sometimes he doesn't even do anything, but she cracks up.  Some of her favorite toys right now include Sophie the Giraffe, her Snowman, and the rattle we have strapped to her high chair.  Bathtime continues to be one of her favorite times, and she loves being tickled.  :)


Riley, we all love you very much, especially your big brother.  He had so much fun opening your presents for Christmas and showing you what you got from Santa.  You're big eyes and contagious smile make us all so happy.  You make our family feel so much more complete, and we love you more than we could have imagined.  



No comments: