So, I treated myself (thanks to my Swagbucks gift cards for Amazon) to a new little toy and I was so excited to get it and try it out. It's called a Lightscoop and you can find it at Amazon or at www.lightscoop.com. Basically, it's a device that you use with your flash, so it deflects the light from the flash off the ceiling or wall. That way, you can still use your flash to try to eliminate blur, but it won't be the harsh, bright white that I hate so much.
When it came, I told Gavin I had to try it out, so he was my model...
This was the first shot, with just my pop-up flash.
And then I put my Lightscoop on, and came the shot came out like this....
I was immediately in love! But I will say, it doesn't always work perfectly and sometimes it ends up too dark. I'm not sure if it's because my ceilings are too high, but I'm still playing with it. It was only $25, much much cheaper than a Speedlite, which can be upwards of a couple hundred dollars. Quite a steal, even if it doesn't work 100% of the time in my opinion!
1 comment:
I have a Lightscoop, too! It does say that the ceiling have to be around 8 feet or lower for it to work properly, but I think your before and after of Gavin ROCKS!!! Much warmer and natural than the washed out "before" shot! Enjoy your gift!
Post a Comment