Pages

Dec 29, 2011

Santa Came!!

It's amazing how special Christmas morning is through the eyes of your child.  Riley didn't get the whole Santa thing, but boy did Gavin!  He was so excited and it just made the whole morning magical.  Can you blame him when this is what he sees when he wakes up??? 

 He was in shock that he actually got the Mighty Eagle (or seagull, according to Gavin) and Pickle Pop (which is the name Gavin gave that toucan a long time ago...)  



 It took a little convincing, but he finally was interested in opening other presents, not just making boards for the eagle to knock down. 


 Riley was wide awake the whole time, and loved watching Gavin unwrap his presents and hers!


 I really <3 watching the two of them play together, and seeing Gavin help Riley with her new table was so sweet.  We told him how he had one just like it when he was little, and so he took on the role of teacher and showed her all the ways the table worked.  Made my heart smile!


 Riley got a new bath tub for Christmas and we're really excited about it.  She too big for the baby bathtub, so I've been bathing her in the kitchen sink, but since she isn't sitting up on her own and she squirms so much, we're worried she's going to hit her head of something when she's going through her splashing fits.  This inflatable duck tub is really cool because she can lean back and relax comfortably and still have enough water in it!

 And isn't this outfit just the cutest?  I loved this onesie my mom sent for Riley, but since there were these adorable ruffles around her legs, I couldn't put pants on her, so I found these super cute baby legs for her to wear, and I just LOVED how she looked on Christmas day...until she had a poop blowout.  Oh what fun!
 The weather didn't cooperate at all for a 'white Christmas.'  In fact, it was like 58-60 degrees and super sunny, so we spent some time in the afternoon playing outside with Gavin's new soccer goal.  We had a lot of fun playing, me and Gavin versus Daddy.  :)

We missed all of you in Ohio!  Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

No comments: