Last night, I went to the Rhea Lana presale event. For those that don't know, Rhea Lana is a semi-annual consignment sale that takes place here for children's items and maternity clothes. I went last month to the one closer to me and got Gavin some cute clothes and me some maternity items. But, we didn't know we were having a girl at that time. So, the one about 20 minutes south of here is taking place this week and I decided to consign some of Gavin's clothes. (I've already made $40 just from the one day presale...it opens to the public today!)
Anyway, I head down there last night after dinner and was able to get 11 items, including some cute dresses and a Boppy cover, for $50! But, the best part for me - I saw Mrs. Duggar and one of her daughters! It's been a little more than a year now that we've lived here, and the Duggars (from the TLC show 19 Kids and Counting) live just 20 mins or so away. I haven't seen them yet, but have secretly wanted to since Day 1. When we came to find a place to live, one of Jarrod's coworkers took us by their house so I could see where they lived. It's pretty neat to have 'celebrities' so close to us! So, I was thrilled to make eye contact with Mrs. Duggar and have her smile at me! :)
On another note, I {accidentally} ordered a diaper bag yesterday. One of the daily deals sites that I stalk frequently {www.babysteals.com - if you don't check it now, you should!} had Ju Ju Be diaper bags on sale yesterday. They weren't a brand I'd ever looked at because of their price, but being on sale intrigued me. So, I started reading reviews and watched the little video they had on their site and I was really impressed. It looked really organized, had an optional shoulder strap (which the Vera Bradley one I was leaning toward didn't), and was still machine washable! Plus, with the discount, it was cheaper than the Vera one. The only thing that I wasn't thrilled with was the color of the liner. But, I added it to my cart to see how much shipping would be, and when I hit 'next' it said, "Thank you - your order has been submitted!" Apparently, I was logged into my Google Account and had a credit card saved. I didn't even know what credit card I used! I was so confused. But, I'm taking it as a sign that maybe it was meant to be. I'm anxious for it to come in a couple days so I can play with it. This is the one I got, but with a champagne colored liner, not the silver.
You can see the inside organization that I love here: Ju Ju Be Organization
I'll be sure to post about it when it comes in! :)
1 comment:
Alright Jen! I am soo super jealous! I LOVE the Duggars! That is so fun!
Post a Comment