Apr 1, 2011
Some baby updates
We're 22 weeks and 4 days today. Two nights ago Jarrod and I could see the baby moving from the outside, but we haven't gotten the timing right for him or Gavin to feel her yet. I can't wait for that! Today we had a doctor's appointment. The heart rate was 151 and the doctor said everything was looking good. They definitely do things a little different here...I don't have to give a urine sample like I did with Gavin and they haven't started measuring my belly yet. But, I do like the doctor and I've heard such great things about the practice so I feel like I'm in good hands. I did learn that if everything goes smoothly at delivery, I only have to stay 24 hours. That surprised me, but it is less time I have to be away from Gavin. :) Today at my appointment, Jarrod asked if it was 'still a girl,' and Dr. Schmitz said 'Looks that way! But we have been wrong before.' Wow! That's reassuring. ;) He said that it's rare, but ultrasounds aren't always accurate, so now I'm a little worried about that. I keep showing everyone the ultrasound pictures and everyone says girl, but I still have fears of hearing 'It's a boy!' at the birth. We're putting pretty much all our clothes in the consignment sale or garage sale in a couple of weeks and we sure do have a lot of pink already! I called a local ultrasound place today, but it's $90 to go in and I don't think we should spend the money on it. So, I guess if we end up with a little boy after all of this - he'll be wearing pink for a while! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment