Pages

Apr 4, 2011

Nursery Progress: DIY mobiles

I recently found this blog and got some great ideas for DIY projects.  I really loved the mobile one for the nursery so I decided to give it a shot.  Mobile Inspiration

So, Gavin and I went to Hobby Lobby to get the flowers and some more Tacky Glue and spent $12.  I already had wire at home, plus Jarrod had the hooks and fishing line.  I started out just making a random shape with the wire, then followed their explanation of splitting the plastic part of the flower with an exacto knife and gluing them onto the wire.  I found that if I worked too much on it, the flowers would start falling off, so I'd glue some on for about 5 minutes or so then come back to it to add more.  It made the project last longer, but it was getting frustrating when the flowers would fall off so I liked doing it this way.  I just hung the mobile from the back of a chair in our dining room and would work on them periodically.  Last night we hung them and here are the finished products!





I don't think the pictures do them justice, but they really turned out cute.  Once we decide on her name, I'll probably add a decorate letter to the right.  


No comments: