Today is Riley's half
birthday! Can you believe it?!?! But, it's already late afternoon and I
have so much to do since I was gone all morning with Gavin's field trip
{fun!} so I'm going to edit and post her official 'month-day' pictures
tomorrow.
For today, I
want to post these pictures that I already edited. Over the weekend, a
friend of Jarrod's told him about this place that we could go to see
eagles. So, we packed up the car and drove 15 minutes and ended up on
this dirt road with cows and barns everywhere you looked. {That's one
of the cool things about living here - 15 minutes one direction and
you're at a mall with P.F. Chang's; 15 minutes another direction and I
feel like I'm completely lost in the middle of nowhere!}
Anyway, as we
get to this dirt road, I asked Jarrod if he knew where we were going.
He admitted he didn't, and said he thought we'd see other pulled over. I
thought he was crazy, and then sure enough, just ahead, we see four
cars pulled over and people out with binoculars. The bad part of this
excursion is that Gavin was really excited to see them, but he
couldn't. They were too far away for him to figure out what he was
looking at, and I don't think he really got the whole binocular thing.
But, he did get to see them on the computer when we uploaded these
pics. Pretty cool! It brought back so many memories of being in
Skagway (or maybe it was Ketchikan...now I can't remember) on our
honeymoon and kayaking around Eagle Island.
If you're not sure what you're looking at, look for white golf balls in the trees (really their heads).


No comments:
Post a Comment