Pages

Jan 14, 2012

Yesterday...

Yesterday was just one of those days that I hope I always remember.  It was simple.  We didn't leave the house; in fact, the kids didn't even get out of their pajamas.  I wasn't getting much done, but while Riley was napping, I decided to fold the laundry that was left in the dryer overnight.  Out of the blue, Gavin came up to me and said, "Mom, can we go snuggle on the couch?"  Yep, that was pretty much all it took; I stopped what I was doing, and we went and snuggled on the couch together, watching Bubble Guppies - just the two of us while the baby slept.  I just kept kissing the top of his head and rubbing his back, trying to take in every little detail of him.  I know it won't be long before he's too big to lay on the couch with me and won't want to snuggle.  I even asked if I could take our picture, but he said, 'No, Mom...just snuggle!'  {I sneaked one anyway on my phone!}

Last night, after we'd cleaned up from dinner, I sat down to feed Riley and of course, Gavin wanted to play Angry Birds with Daddy.  Jarrod told him he wanted to play something else since they always play Angry Birds these days, and after a little hesitation, Gavin agreed.  It was so cute to sit on the couch nursing Riley and watch them play Chutes and Ladders and then Toy Story Operation.  Gavin loves when Jarrod gets home from work every night and can't wait to play with him, and it just makes my heart happy to see them together.  When Jarrod reminded Gavin that today would be Saturday, he said, 'Yesssss!  Daddy gets to stay home from wirk tomorrow!'  These kids are so lucky to have a Daddy like him. 

I don't know why I'm feeling so sentimental this morning, but I just love our little family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post warms my heart. :)