Yesterday, our coffeemaker broke. Jarrod offered to pick one up on his way home, but then I realized I had not left the house since last Friday. I needed to go! I couldn't wait until I could go to Walmart last night...you know you're a mom when you look forward to a trip to Walmart alone, huh? While there, I picked up a few Hot Wheels cars. We started a sticker chart a couple days ago and then realized I hadn't planned ahead and didn't have prizes for him. Luckily, I had a few things in my closet he hadn't seen. When he first got a new book, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, (how had I not read this book to my son before? I must be a terrible teacher!) he didn't seem too impressed, but he then was repeating the phrases in bed, so I think he liked it. Yesterday, he got window markers, something I hadn't shared with him out of fear he'd think all markers for the windows, but potty training got the best of me and he was allowed to use them last night. I also bought some cookie dough so we could have a quick and easy celebration when he does decide to poop on the potty. I almost bought Reece's Peanut Butter cups after a great tip from Angie V., but then I was afraid they'd blow my diet! :)
Today we have to go out in public for the first time in underwear! To be honest, I'm terrified. So much so, that last night I didn't sleep well at all because I kept dreaming about what I would do when Gavin has an accident in public. Obviously I have a couple changes of clothes in his diaper bag, but then I imagine him standing in a puddle of pee....and how do I clean that up? Then, I'd dream that we make it to the bathroom only for him to get frightened by the automatic flushers or the adult-sized toilets. Note to self: get sticky notes to put over the flusher's sensor.
As you can see....my life revolves around pee and poop these days. I'll let you know how our first trip out of the house goes. Then, another test will be tomorrow, when Daddy has to take him out of the house alone for the first time. I have a Tastefully Simple party here so Jarrod's on duty. We'll see how that goes!
1 comment:
Good luck. I dread the potty training days. I think mainly because my brother had such a hard time potty training my nephew. He's still having accidents and he's 5. But he started having accidents again when my brother and his ex wife split and they are going through a nasty divorce.
Good luck today. Hope everything goes well. And if it makes you feel better, Belle had an accident in her diaper in Hobby Lobby. There wasn't a huge puddle but definitely drops in the floor. Most of it was on The Hubs arm. So it could happen in cheap diapers too ha!
Post a Comment