The first day - eh, it was so-so. I was feeling AWFUL thanks for allergies. At one point, I sent Jarrod out to the store (for the 2nd time that day) to get me some medicine, and he came back to find me on the playroom floor with my eyes closed (because they hurt so much...not because I was sleeping) while Gavin played at the train table. We had 4 or 5 accidents that day. I cleaned up pee off the playroom floor....his chair for his blue table....some throw pillows.... But, we had some successes as well.
Day 2 - at naptime, he'd had no accidents! The best part was he told me 5 times that morning he had to go potty. The guidelines were really big on not saying, "Do you have to go potty?" which I was bad at remembering. But we got through...and the rest of the night was the same! He stayed dry and told me when he had to pee ALL DAY! I was so excited.
Day 3 - at naptime....same as day 2! No accidents. I thought it was going to be easy! But, then he had to poop. I could tell he had to poop, and asked him if he wanted to go sit on the potty and he freaked out. He peed in his pants 3 times in 3 hours, and I think it was because he was afraid if he sat on the potty he'd poop.
So, technically we're 'done' with the 3 Day Potty Training method, but clearly not potty trained. Today, was the same thing....he did well until it was obvious he had to poop and then the accidents started. Finally, after a battle around lunchtime, he did poop....in his underwear. And, the cries while I changed him were heartbreaking. He sounded so terrified! I've got to get this poop-fear out of him. Since he's pooped at lunchtime, we've had no accidents.
I know many moms are reading this....if you have any tips or pieces of advice, I'd love to hear them! Leave me a comment or email me. I'm so worried about Friday! He has his first Moms and Tots class at the rec so we actually have to leave the house! Yikes!
1 comment:
Oh lord Jenn...good luck! I just cracked up reading this post b/c I can totally picture how this whole event process is going for you! Hang in there...I dont have any tips yet...sorry!
Post a Comment