Christmas morning was just like any other morning here...Gavin was up by 6am!
We came out to find the beautiful glow of the tree.
Looking at this picture, it doesn't look like Santa brought Gavin many gifts, but in actuality Santa just didn't bring Gavin many BIG gifts. Thomas and Friends trains are quite small! :)
Then we found this note Santa left for Gavin...
Before opening any gifts, I told Gavin we had to take his picture in his new Christmas jammies!
Then we started opening all the gifts!
After all the presents, we curled up on the couch with our homemade cinnamon rolls (which again this year didn't turn out...but this year the recipe was great, our oven just baked them too quickly so they were a bit burnt...) and watched Toy Story 3. We then spent a lot of time in the play room playing trains and with all the other new toys!
We, of course, ate yummy leftovers for lunch (and turned leftovers into an even yummier breakfast the next day) and even fit in a nice walk around the block to get some fresh air.
Jarrod helped me a ton on Christmas day get all my maternity clothes from the attic, washed and organized. I only had one tub of clothes from Gavin since I had borrowed so many things from friends at work. But, over the summer (yes...before I was even pregnant) my mom and aunt Rose bought me a ton of things from a garage sale that are super cute, and my neighbor Leslie passed on two bags of things that she won't use anymore. I think now I officially have more maternity clothes than I have regular clothes....and that's not even including the things my mother-in-law Jackie ordered me last week from Old Navy!
Overall, Christmas was wonderful! Yes, I missed our families. It is still strange to not be there, but at the same time, I feel so fortunate that we able to celebrate Christmas as our precious family of three and make so many memories together! Seeing Christmas through the eyes of a toddler is such an amazing experience. And all I kept thinking the entire day was that next Christmas, we'll have two.....
No comments:
Post a Comment