This is Spike. When we came home from Cincinnati a few weeks back, Santa had left Gavin an early present under the tree. He immediately noticed it and couldn't wait to open it! Inside was The Elf on the Shelf book, with this little elf. We read the book together, and learned that we needed to name the elf. Gavin decided on Spike.
Each night, Spike flies back to Santa to report back to him about how Gavin's day was, and when we wake up in the morning, he's in a new place! We've found him on the tree, in a stocking, on the bathtub, hanging from the lights in the dining room....he's a very clever elf! The book explained to us that if we touch Spike, he loses his magic power to fly back to the North Pole, so Gavin has been a very good little boy and doesn't touch him at all!
It is really cute to hear him walk up to Spike randomly and tell him what he wants for Christmas. If he does some extraordinary, we always run to tell Spike. And, Spike has come in handy for those nights Gavin doesn't want to brush his teeth. As soon as we tell him we're going to tell Spike, he's in the bathroom brushing (though usually still pouting...)
We enjoy having our little visitor each day!
2 comments:
I love the Elf on a Shelf. I told The Hubs I want to get him next year. Belle will probably still be to young to get it but he's to cute. I love the Gavin tells him his Christmas list. Adorable!
So cute Jen! I need to get that book for Evan.
I have to admitt the elf scares me a little :)
Post a Comment