Pages

Jan 4, 2011

Goals for 2011

Recently, I was promoted to Sr. Consultant with Tastefully Simple and as a gift, I received CEO Jill Blashack-Strahan's book, Simply Shine, in the mail and couldn't put it down.  It was basically a compilations of stories that tell about Jill's life and all the things that happened to her that ultimately led to her owning a multi-million dollar company.  It was so inspiring to read, and pushed me to dream a little more.  One of her big points throughout the book was that you have to set goals and WRITE THEM DOWN in order for them to happen.  And according to Jill, "if a goal doesn't come to fruition, then it wasn't for your ultimate good."  


So, I'm not really making 'resolutions' this year, but goals.  I'm writing them down, getting it out there, and I'm going to make it happen!  


I LOVE staying at home with Gavin (and future Baby Hamm) but it's not always easy for us financially.  There have been many times where I've contemplated going back to work just to help us in that matter, but then the thought of day care costs and being away from the kids kind of gets in the way.  So, I have to make what we have available work for us.  A lot of my goals this year revolve around that...I do not want to go back to work full time, but I also don't want to feel stressed about money anymore.


So, my first goal is to get back into my couponing and really cut down our spending at Walmart.  I was doing so well over the summer, and then the weather changed, the holidays were among us, I found out I was pregnant, and I slacked.  I didn't take the time to check the coupon blogs and make my lists, etc.  For this year, I'm getting back in the game and I'm going to cut down our spending.  I got started off right by buying two papers on Sunday...there were 4 inserts in each paper!


Second, I want to make use of the money that will be coming our way in the spring to really pay off the debt we've accumulated and haven't been able to pay off.  On top of our tax return, we'll also get Jarrod bonus plus his annual raise, our health insurance cost went down so we'll see a difference in his checks from that, and our rent drops in April.  I dream about the day when I don't have any credit card payments to make!  I mean, like...you know how people dream about living on an island or winning the lottery...I literally dream about not having bills to pay (aside from the daily bills that come along with just living...I'm talking credit card bills and car payments.)


Next, my goal has to do with Tastefully Simple.  I already make good money from the parties I do with TS, but my goal is to make more income this year.  I'm planning to do that by holding more parties, but by also promoting to Team Leader and growing my team.  Last quarter, I welcomed two team members to Simply Ambitious, so this year my goal is to add three more each quarter, or 12 for the whole year.  If I continue to have a consistent party schedule and welcome new team members, I know I can earn the Cancun trip for Jarrod and me.  I never thought Tastefully Simple would become such a huge part of my life, but I'm so thankful I decided to give it a try.  


Lastly, my goal is to remember how lucky I am, even when I'm feeling stressed or like we'll never get where we want to be.  I know that's not true, and I know that as bad as I think we have it, there are other people that are worse off than we are.  We're so lucky to have each other and such an amazing little boy to love.  We live in a great home in a great location and have families that love us.  Despite the distance between us, I have friends that I love and cherish.  I'm going to be more grateful for all we do have this year.  


Happy New Year, everyone!  What are your goals this year?


No comments: