Pages

Jan 18, 2011

Recipe - Dripping Roast Beef Sandwiches

Our new recipe for this week was an easy one.  I saw a picture of these sandwiches in a magazine and had to try them.  Dripping Roast Beef Sandwiches  They were very good, but I wasn't a fan of how soggy they made the bottom bun.  We'll likely make them again but I'm thinking of changing things up a little.  I wonder if we just toasted the bun without the meat on it if it would get so soggy so quickly.  Or, maybe they'd be better served open face on a thick piece of Texas Toast.  I also thought this would be good if the roast beef was cut up into small pieces and served over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.  Maybe add an extra can of soup to make it a little runnier, or mix a can of soup with some beef gravy.  Lots of possibilities!  Despite the soggy bun, just writing about this is making me want the leftovers for lunch.  Yum!

No comments: