Pages

Jan 22, 2011

An Ice Cold Experiment

To go along with the winter season and the weather we've been having, I decided to do a little science experiment with Gavin.  I actually was inspired by a post on Facebook, but I don't remember now who posted it or have a site to link back to.  We filled an ice cube tray with some small toys and other goodies like buttons, beads, and cut pieces of straws, then added water.  Gavin watched me put them in the freezer and we talked about how the freezer was so cold it as going to turn the water into ice cubes.  Of course, he asked about every 10 minutes if his ice cubes were ready so we kept checking the progress until finally, after nap, they were ready to play with.  We spent the rest of the afternoon using his Little People tools to try to chip away at the ice, sat the bowl in the sunlight to watch them melt, and just experienced the coldness of the ice!  He loved the experiment, but next time we'll do it in the summer.  ;-)







No comments: