Pages

Jul 26, 2010

Some updates

Happy Monday!  We had a great weekend.  It's HOT and HUMID here.  I can't remember when we last saw a day that wasn't in the 90s, so a forecast of 87 tomorrow sounds heavenly!  We spent time this weekend playing in the pool - you know, Gavin's blow up pool.  :)  You do what you can!  :)

I've been asked how Gavin's potty training is going.  Well, it's not really going anywhere.  We had a few good days, but now the only real time he's interested in using the potty is right before his bath.  He now has 9 pair of underwear, but when I show them to him and tell him we're going to wear them, he throws a fit.  So, we're just waiting for now.  I did get an eBook this weekend called 3 Day Potty Training.  It's interesting....I'm trying to decide if I want to try it or not.  The author swears if I follow her technique, he'll be fully potty trained in 3 days.  Hmmm....

As for me, remember a while back how I talked about how I was going to come here and lose all this weight?  Well, it hasn't happened.  Unfortunately, when I started watching Gracie, I stopped going to the rec like I should.  They have strange child care hours, so that also makes it difficult.  Plus, since I hurt my back again, it's not fun to work out.  I decided I had to get back on track so I signed up for Spark People.  It's like Weight Watchers and you track your food intake and exercise, but it's free.  Well, I put in my height and weight, and it came back with me in the overweight category.  Nice....  There's a 34 lb range of "average" weights for my height, and I'm not even in that average.  I really have to get serious! It's time for a change.  Let's hope I can stay motivated. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
We are in the same boat when it comes to potty training. Or at least we have boarding passes for the boat, and he hasn't even decided to get on yet! He checks on the potty regularly to make sure it is stil there I guess because he won't get on it. I can tell you that with Gracie, I first started before she was totally ready and I think it took me even longer to get through the process. I will let you do the action research; let me know how the book works out. If it does, I will invest. :-) You're such a great mom withy your big boy underwear; I just put pull-ups on Jax the other day because I was out of diapers, and even then they were pink with princesses on them. Somebody gave them to me because they bought them for their little girl and they were the wrong size. Oh well, I just made sure he was playing with an extra BIG truck when daddy came home. Don't worry about the progress, I'm sure he will be ahead of the curve. He is brilliant just like Mommy!

Lots of Love,
Shay