Pages

Jul 30, 2010

Sweet Dreamin'

You know how most kids that wake up in the middle of the night crying end up in bed with mom and dad?  Not our kid... He prefers the couch.  At 4:30 this morning, he woke up screaming.  I went in, tried to calm him down, but he just kept saying he wanted 'up.'  We looked out the window and I showed him that the sun was still sleeping, so he still needed to be sleeping.  I tried getting him a cup of milk to calm him down, but it didn't work.  He just cried.  Jarrod finally came in and asked him if he wanted to sleep in our bed.  No.  I asked if he wanted to sleep on the couch.  He actually said no this time, but we knew from past experience it would work.

So, we headed to the living room.  He had his Thomas pillow and Thomas blanket, and of course, Dog Dog.  Jarrod got my pillow for me and a blanket, then headed back to bed.  Gavin laid there and drank his milk, and then asked for more.  I told him he could have more in the morning.  He said, "Ask mom. Please," which basically is his way of saying, 'I said please, now get it.'  I reassured him he could have more milk when he woke up.  Then we laid there, and he kept talking.  "No blanket.  Want brown blanket." {So, I re-tucked him in with another blanket.}  "Ouch, my knee hurts.  Kiss it?"  {Baby, your knee is all tucked in the blanket now.  It will feel better when you sleep and I'll kiss it in the morning.}  "Hear Daddy!" {Yes, that's daddy.  He's trying to go back to sleep, too.} 

The next thing I knew, Jarrod was waking me up at 6:40 before he left for work so I could see Gavin.  And of course - I had to take a picture.  Or several.

No comments: