**I should add, we DO NOT watch all these shows on a daily basis. He may love TV, but he doesn't get to watch it all day.**
- Sid the Science Kid - I think Sid is the cutest character. I love the show and think it's very educational. I'm glad he likes Sid. :)
- Word World - again, a favorite on PBS. I think I love it most because it reminds me of my classroom. Inside recess days always meant Word World was on TV, and recess lasted about 20 minutes longer than it should have.... But seriously, I love how the show is embedded with phonics and phonemic awareness.
- Barney - eh, I could live without Barney. Though, I have learned to really tune him out. It's a Barney CD that plays over and over in my car, and I don't even realize it's playing, even after Gavin falls asleep or if he's not in the car with me at all.
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - everyone loves Mickey, but his voice can get annoying after a while. I love how Gavin sings the theme song and yells, "Oh, Toodles!" though. It's quite cute.
- Max and Ruby - this has never been a favorite show of mine, but he laughs so hard at it. I don't get it....
- Dora - again, a show I never really liked. Luckily he doesn't ask for it often, but he does enjoy Boots.
- Super Why - another show that any former teacher would love. Whyatt and the Super Readers to the rescue! :) I love everything about this show - the focus on vocabulary, comprehension, decoding, letter recognition, and problem solving, just to name a few.
- Thomas - oh, Thomas. How I have love/hate thee? Gavin's obsession with Thomas continues (though he's had other loves come in and out of his life.) The show just doesn't do it for me, but I love how involved he gets and the vocabulary he's learned from the show.
- Real Wheels - I don't even know what channel this show is on, but we found it shortly after moving here and DVR every episode (which seems to come on at the strangest hours.) Gavin loves to sit and watch the Dairy Farm episode and the Construction episode over and over again. Thanks to Real Wheels, I know how farmers bale hay and the difference between a loader, a backhoe, and a bulldozer. :)
- Sesame Street - who doesn't love Sesame Street? It's very different from when you and I were kids, but it's still entertaining and educational. I remember when Gavin was about 15 months old and first learned the word 'Surprise!' after it was the 'Word on the Street.' He still loves to 'surprise' people thanks to the gang on Sesame Street.
- Handy Manny - Poor Manny and the Tools are hit or miss these days here. One day he asks to watch him, the next he cries when I turn it on. But, I like the show - Phillipe, Turner, Pat, Stretch, Rusty, and all the others. "Hop Up, Jump In....Come on, Let's go!"
- The Wonder Pets - I wouldn't consider this the most educational of shows, but the pets are pretty darn cute!
- Curious George - this is one of those shows that aren't my favorite (I'd much rather read the books) but I LOVE to sit and listen to Gavin laugh while it's on. He thinks George is hilarious!
1 comment:
Evan likes mostly all of those shows too! He really likes Caillou...I personally find him to be a little annoying :)
Dave and I are getting SO SICK OF THOMAS!!
Post a Comment