Ok - I'm warning you now, this is going to be long. Since becoming a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom), I've had several people, including my husband, ask me what it is exactly that I do all day. We don't have a set schedule - everyday is different. If I'm watching Gracie or Jake, our day is really different. Somedays, we don't go anywhere and stay in our jammies (those days are seldom, though...I need a break from the house even if it's just to go to the bank!), some days we have playdates, some days we are on the go all day. But, I decided to keep track of a whole day. Boy, was that exhausting! So, here we go! This is what we did on Wednesday, July 14!
6:30am - Gavin wakes up! He lets me sleep in for a change. Yay! (He's usually up by 6.) I go in to get him and he's reading his books in bed, which is typical.
He gets his milk, climbs under the covers in our bed, and watches some TV while I put dishes away, make Jarrod's coffee, and catch the weather. Jarrod leaves for work around 6:50.
7:00 - This is my "relaxing" time of the morning. I get to drink my coffee and check my email, blog a little, and catch up on the blogs I follow while Gavin eats breakfast (2 cereal bars), finishes watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and plays with his train table.
8:15 - I ice my back and watch a bit of the Today Show while Gavin's still in the toy room. Then it's time for me to shower. Gavin is watching Dora, but when I come out, I find that she hasn't been the best baby-sitter. Gavin made a mess of all my hair ties, etc.
I finish getting ready, clean up Gavin's mess, get him ready, and pack the diaper bag. We are ready to go!
9:15 - we're in the car, headed on our errands.
Today our errands consist of a Target trip and heading to The Promenade to make a return and get my rings cleaned. (I also find out that my rings about about a size too small - think I need them resized!)
11:00 - back home. I put away the things we bought, including some super cute underwear for Gavin (hoping that might jump start our potty training again...)...
while Gavin colors with his new Toy Story coloring sheets....
and I make us lunch. On the menu - Gavin is having turkey, a bagel, and grapes, and I'm having leftover kielbasa and corn-pepper salad turned into one big salad.
11:30 - Gavin's back in the toy room. I clean up the dishes and check the mail. Yay! My Shutterfly order came....I get to sort pictures later. :)
12:00 - I ice my back a little longer, finish watching some of the interesting parts of The Today Show (which I DVR every morning since I can't sit and watch it.)
11:45 - Time to get the cranky boy ready for nap. Diaper change, stories, songs....Then nap!
12:15 - I start my "Motivated Moms" list - which you can see hasn't been very productive this week! Since I had Jake and Gracie Monday and Tuesday, and my back was hurting, I did nothing on the list. So, Wednesday was my catch up day.
Among other things, I cleaned toilets, windexed mirrors, dusted all the furniture and blinds in our bedroom, took out trash, and cleaned the refrigerator, while listening to A Baby Story on the TV - I'm so addicted to TLC.
2:30 - someone's awake! (Wow....what a long nap today!) He looks happy here, but he wakes up pretty grumpy, so he spends some time waking up fully while watching some TV and eating his snack. I get to catch up with one of my favorite people on the phone....TORI! :)
3:15 - vacuum the whole house - it was on my list to do, but Gavin was sleeping so I waited. Gavin's in the toy room making a mess!
while I start a load of laundry.
4:25 - we make a pudding pie for dessert tonight. Gavin spills the milk, making a big mess on the floor that I have to clean up.
He is not happy about stopping the pie making process - he doesn't understand that we'll finish it after the mess is cleaned up.
Finally, it's time to finish the pie and he's a happy camper again.

5:00 - I go in to clean up the toy room, which surprisingly isn't as messy as usual.
While in there, I realize Gavin's awfully quiet. And I catch him doing this....
Apparently 5:00 in the evening is a good time to brush our teeth.
5:10 - Gavin reads the books we got from the library this week (this week's theme - baseball!) while I go to switch the laundry over. But, I realize that in order to do that, I'll have to actually fold the laundry that's been sitting in the dryer since Monday. I hate folding laundry!
5:25 - Time to start prepping dinner!
5:40 - Yay! Daddy's home! Daddy's home!
Dinner's still not ready - Gavin finishes making the guacamole for us.
6:00 - time to sit down for dinner. Chicken fajitas and yummy guacamole!
6:15 - Our quick dinner's over. Gavin's moved on to dessert, Jarrod heads out to cut the grass, and I'm left to do dishes. Another thing I hate!
6:30 - Bathtime for Gavin....while I'm giving him a bath, a Tastefully Simple hostess calls so I get some 'business' done at the same time. Her sales are awesome! That puts me in a great mood!
1:30 - time to sort pictures and address envelopes so I can take the photos to the post office! :)
3:45 - head outside in the sweltering heat to clean up poop. Yuck! Then head to Leslie's to pick up some stuff before her Tastefully Simple party the next day.
4:15 - time for Gavin to feed Shirley. Then he plays the computer (www.kneebouncers.com)...
The 'Cute Dragon' wants to get a picture of him growling at himself. :)
7:00 - Gavin and I watch Minute to Win It together, because like me, he loves game shows. :)
7:30 - Kisses for Daddy, brush our teeth, and it's bedtime stories. Tonight....our favorite! 'I Love You, Stinky Face!' :)
7:45 - Mommy gets to eat a piece of pie. I finish Minute to Win It and fold more laundry.
8:00 - Jarrod and I relax on the couch with a glass of wine (he won't take a picture with me...) and watch Rescue Me on DVR.
8:45 - in bed, reading my book (Baby Proof by Emily Giffin) and relaxing some more.
9:45 - lights out! Night night....I know, it's early....but what can I say? When you're up by 6 most mornings, you're in bed early most nights! :)
2 comments:
Jen, I LOVE this!!!! I might just have to steal it.
You're such a great SAH Mommy...you really have your act together!!!
I would like to see what your day is like when you are baby sitting though :)
I love this post! You are the best mom I know (besides our own of course!)
Post a Comment