Pages

Jun 20, 2011

34 Weeks!

Well I got a couple videos to post, but the others are still giving me a 'failed' message.  Once Jarrod gets his tools out of the nursery (he was doing some projects this weekend), I'm just going to take the tour of the nursery again and see if I can get that one to post.


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 34 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Hamm, according to my weekly updates, should weigh about 5lbs right now.  But, according to my ultrasound last week, she was weighing an ounce short of 6lbs then...so she's ahead of the game right now!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I told Jarrod I'm going to stop weighing myself.  Last week, our scale said I'd gained 3lbs in one week, but then that same day, the doctor's scale said I'd gained 3lbs since my last appt 3 weeks ago!  Today, it is saying the same weight as last week.  Who knows what's correct?  If I go by today's weight, I've gained 31lbs total.
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely!
Gender: It's a GIRL!!!  When the name is decided, it will be kept a secret until she arrives.  I think we're down to 3 names right now (and sadly, Aveeno isn't on that list....but it is ranked at a close 4th!) 
Movement: This baby seems to never stop moving lately!  She's so active, especially at night and when I'm eating.  I love it!
Sleep: Sleep has been going downhill thanks to the million times I have to wake up to pee and the lovely carpal tunnel I've now developed.
What I miss:  Being able to carry the ironing board back to the bedroom without losing my breath! :)
Cravings: Water!
Symptoms:  Braxton Hicks contractions, heart burn and carpal tunnel are the main things right now.
Best Moment this week:  Seeing Amy get so close to delivering - it makes me so excited for my time!


At this point, even though I'm 6 weeks away from my due date, I'm also 3 weeks away from being 'full term' and 4 weeks away from the point I was at when Gavin decided he was ready to be born.  I'm so excited about my appointment next Monday, because Dr. Schmitz said he'd check my cervix to see if I've started progressing at all.  


I started packing my bag this weekend.  Even though the only thing I put in it was my robe and slippers with a couple outfits for the baby, it does make me feel better that it's started.  Jarrod also helped me reorganize the cabinets to make a place for some bottles, and I unpacked my breast pump to find that the shields were not in good shape at all.  So....more stuff added to my Amazon list!  I have a feeling I'll be making a huge purchase from Amazon in a few weeks.  


No comments: