At the end of last summer, I met Amy at a playdate after she had moved here from California with her family. After a few more playdates, it was obvious that we had a lot in common. Gavin and Lucas have fun playing together, and I love having someone here that I can trust and hang out with. Having a friend to go through this pregnancy with is also fun - Amy is due in just a few weeks with Baby Sister's future boyfriend! :)
Not only is Amy hosting a small shower for me next week, but she's also volunteered to keep Gavin at their house when I go into labor. How awesome is that! So, tonight we're going to do a little trial run. Jarrod and I are actually going out for a date night - dinner and to see Bridesmaids - while Gavin plays with Lucas. Then, he'll go ahead and go to bed there to see how he does and so he's had a chance to experience bedtime there before our big day comes. Fingers crossed he goes down easily for her!
And a funny side note - last night during bath time, Jarrod asked Gavin where he should take me for dinner tonight for our date. Gavin's {quick} response should have been expected - Chick-Fil-A of course! According to him, chicken nuggets makes for a great date night. :)
Thanks, Amy, for being such a great friend! Can't wait to see your baby boy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment