You always hear stories about how the second baby gets "forgotten" in a sense. There are always more pictures of the first baby than the second. We used to joke about this in our family. There are tons of pictures and a video of Tyler's birth, but no one was even there when Briana was born, so none of that... Another example is a baby shower. I know it's not common for a baby shower to take place for a second baby, but I admit it did kind of make me sad. Not because I wanted an excuse to get more gifts. Not that I wanted the attention on me. It was because I remember all the excitement at Gavin's shower - all your friends and family there to celebrate this new life. And I got sad to think about the baby shower section of Baby Sister's baby book - I guess that part just gets left blank in so many baby books. I didn't want her to think she hadn't been celebrated. But, I was content with the thought of not having a big celebration for her and figured we wouldn't have a shower.
Then, in walked Amy...
She asked me about throwing a shower for me and I told her no way! Amy is 38 weeks pregnant right now! That was just crazy...I couldn't imagine her planning a shower. But, she insisted and said she wasn't planning to have anything at her house, but thought a small group of girls getting together at a restaurant would be perfect. And you know what? It was!
It seemed like almost all my friends were having babies at the same time I had Gavin, and I had all these amazing people to go through pregnancy with. It was great. And now, I feel so lucky that I've found a group of moms here that make me feel welcome and are sweet enough to gather with me and celebrate Baby Sister.
Amy really outdid herself and despite being weeks away from her second son being born, planned a super cute shower. The diaper cake she made was one of the cutest things ever!
And here are some pics of the night - lots of great girl talk, appetizers, and cake! My camera died so I'll add some more pictures later when I get the ones Amy took on her camera, too.
Baby Sister got a lot of cute things. Blankets, bibs, socks, dresses and outfits, burp cloths, car seat accessories, an Itzbeen timer, a calendar, wipes, bath necessities, a sling... I'm sure I'm forgetting something! It was a great night!
Thank you Amy, Jennifer, Andrea, Stacey, Rebekah, Megan, and Lindsay for coming out to make the night so memorable. I so lucky to have so many sweet friends in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment