We had a great Father's Day here. Gavin and I went to get donuts for daddy for breakfast and then we packed up Gavin's new fishing pole and took Gavin "fishing" for the first time at a nearby pond.
Gavin wasn't that into it, but we tried. At one point we walked to a new spot and decided to just try bread instead of Jarrod's lures. But, Gavin had other ideas - he ate the whole piece of bread while Daddy fished some more.
We fed a few ducks, too. Jarrod wanted to bring one of them home because it was thinner and limping and the other ducks wouldn't let it get any bread.
And we finished our excursion with a little walk around the pond and played on the playground for a little while.
We did all that in about an hour at the pond. See - told you Gavin wasn't that into it! :)
When we got home, we did some work in the house and the yard, and then visited the rec for a little while after nap time. Daddy and Gavin played basketball while I swam a little. I love being in the pool while I'm pregnant!
We finished the night with a great dinner at Carino's!
Happy Father's Day, Jarrod! Next year, you'll have two of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment