I just wanted to throw out a little PSA for all my mommy friends that are reading this. Earlier this week, a little girl just shy of 2 years old from our playgroup pulled their 60in flat screen tv over on top of her. After being take by helicopter to a nearby Children's Hospital, it was determined that she had a skull fracture and a broken nose. She's recently been moved out of intensive care and is talking and alert. Her mom got to hold her about 48 hours after the event took place - can you imagine going that long without being able to hold your baby??? When I read that, I started crying. I can't imagine. She will likely wear a neck brace for 8 weeks and is still in the hospital for monitoring, but is luckily going to be ok. But, it's a lesson for us all to anchor our furniture and televisions. Gavin pulled the dresser over on himself a few months back, and I know we were so lucky that he escaped with just a few scrapes. We anchored that dresser after that happened, but nothing else. So, I just ordered these straps from Amazon for our tv - Straps - and think everyone should do something similar. Keep your little ones safe, and keep Bea in your thoughts, too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment